Popular Posts

Monday, September 12, 2011

the most wonderful night

               We always think that the rainy days always bring something sad or they just ruin our afternoon because we think we can’t do anything else. Is even worst when the lights turn off and there is no electricity, we think we can’t do anything. We think that the time is passing to slow and that you are stocked with your family until the electricity comes back (Feeling that it’s going to be the longest hours of our lives).  In my story this is how it starts as the most boring afternoon, but this is not the way it ends. I remember I was only 10 years old; it was a Friday at six in the afternoon so there was not so many lights only the one from the room, and from the T.V. I was playing Barbie in my living room with my sisters, Michelle who at that moment was eight, Natalie who was 6, and the twins Carol and Valerie who were just 4. We were playing until the lights went down, and because it was very late we couldn’t see anything. Carol began to cry and Valerie couldn’t stop laughing, I actually was very calm. After a long time waiting for the light we got really bored, we didn’t knew what to do. My mom saw our faces and said to us “I have an idea, wait for me just right here, I’ll come back in a second”. She looked with her telephone for a candle in her room when she finally find it, she put it in a big table in the living room, and she grabbed   a little doll and start making shadows with the doll and her hands she told us a story about a princess, and a very mean old lady. We were very interested in the story, until my little sister Natalie made fun of the doll saying “she is to short she looks like Mutty”. (Mutty is my grandmother from my mom’s side) she was really short. We all laughed so much, because actually she was very similar to my grandmother’s size. My mom, to put some music to make the atmosphere even more happy, she began to sing a song that my grandmother used to sing it was called “say why tell me grandma” in Spanish (“di  por qué dime abuelita?”). To even make it funnier my mom start making fun of the song making a weird voice like a little baby, and saying things that didn’t were in the original song.  We spend the whole night with her laughing and singing, I think it was one of the most wonderful nights with my mom. Of course my little sisters the twins fall asleep very early because they were very little, but my other sisters and me, we spend the whole night with my mom. We forgot about the time, and we even forgot that we didn’t have any electricity. Probably you will think that this is the weirdest memory of a child, but actually I remember this day as the most special day of my life, because we spend all the night together we ate candies we laughed hours, and we spend a very beautiful night as a family together. I never thought that actually a very ugly weather, a very sad afternoon, and the most depressing thoughts thinking that it was going to be the most longest and boring afternoon of my life, but when actually it ended up in the most funniest and wonderful  nights with my family. That day I learned that  even in the most hard times or in the moments in which you think nothing else you can do and that this is it you have to always see the positive side of it, or look at it in a different perspective because you never know what can happened latter. You have to always take the good thing of everything, and that even in the most horrible days of the year you can always do something else and still have an amazing moment. I now that in that moment I thought that everything was going to be boring, and that we couldn’t do anything else because there was no electricity, but it actually passed the total opposite, even when the lights turn on and the electricity was back we got really sad because we were having the funniest time of the day it was a very nice day. You never thought that a bad weather could bring such a joyful and happy time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment